Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Green Olive - Week 9

Week 9: Green Olive
(July 28 - August 3)

Not much happened during Week 9; no doctor's appointments or tests or anything new and unusual. I guess I can mention here that I was (and still am!) extremely nervous about losing the baby. I think that one miscarriage is enough to put that fear in any woman's heart! I freaked out when my breasts weren't tender when I woke up one morning...but lo and behold, they were just as sore a few hours later. I had very light spotting a couple of times and all I can say is do not make the same mistake as me: DO NOT GOOGLE when things seem bad. All you will get are pages of results from women sharing their horror stories. Google is NOT a pregnant woman's friend when it comes to things like this; as almost every woman has heard, "every pregnancy is different!" It's very true! The morning sickness got much worse this week; other than water, I couldn't keep most food or drink down. Thankfully, my doctor gave me a prescription for Zofran, which is used to treat nausea. I take the medicine in order to keep food down and nutrients going to the baby. I researched before I started taking the medicine, and while I know some disagree with taking it, I really have no choice. I honestly cannot function if I don't take it. The RX says to take it every 6 hours, but I do okay with one at night before bed, and one when I wake up in the morning. I only have one very uncomfortable side effect...

No comments:

Post a Comment