Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bad day...thwarted!!

This morning could have been really, really bad. I usually have no problems parking in my office building's garage. But today, I managed to wedge my car into the tightest parking space known to man. (to be perfectly honest, the space wasn't small, but the angle sucked. but I *did* manage to wedge my car in the space). I'm not exaggerating when I say that there was maybe one inch between the right side of my car and the garage wall. If I would have backed out, my mirror would have been torn off. I tried a few small maneuvers but I'm pretty sure I only made it worse. I knew I was stuck and didn't have the skills to get my car out of there without damaging it, so I went to the experts.

One of the garage attendants came out to help me and when he saw my predicament, he exclaimed, "Oh my goodness!" in his cute little old man way. I had my head in my hands as he started backing it out, just waiting to hear metal meet concrete. But wouldn't you know it, he backed that Subaru out with no problem or hesitation.

When he got out, I gave him a HUGE hug. I need to bring him cookies or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment